Updated April 30, 2021
These membership terms and conditions govern your membership with American Better Health Organization, Inc. (“ABHO”, “Association”, “SureMed”, “we”, “us”, or “our”), SureMed is a d/b/a for American Better Health Organization, Inc. By enrolling into ABHO, consumers may receive many benefits, ranging from health news and training, to access to healthcare professionals by phone, and other related benefits and services.
Automatic Payment & Renewal Agreement
You acknowledge and agree to the Automatic Payment & Renewal provision including that ABHO’s services are billed pursuant to a monthly automatic payment plan, or if otherwise chosen by you, a quarterly, semi-annual, or annual automatic payment plan, (hereafter collectively referred to as “Periodic Payment”). By enrolling in ABHO’s membership services, you agree that ABHO, or its billing administrator, may automatically debit your bank account or credit card for the membership fees due on or around your Periodic Payment due date until the time at which you cancel your ABHO membership. You understand that your ABHO enrollment fee will be withdrawn from your account immediately upon completion of this enrollment, and that your first periodic payment will be debited on your membership effective date. You understand that your membership will automatically renew each month, or if otherwise chosen by you, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually, and that your Periodic Payment will be debited from your account or credit card until you contact ABHO to cancel your membership. You understand that, to cancel your membership, you must provide notice to ABHO at least 3 business days prior to the next billing date. You may cancel your ABHO membership by contacting ABHO via telephone at (855) 787-3633, through your on-line membership portal located at https://www.abho.org, or by sending the request via e-mail to Help@ABHO.org including the request to cancel your membership, along with the following Primary Member information for authentication/validation purposes: Member ID, Full Name, Date of Birth, Last 4 of Social Security Number, Mailing Address, Phone Number, and Email Address. If your auto-draft payment fails, you understand and agree that draft may be reattempted, at ABHO’s discretion. We reserve the right to lapse membership at any time for nonpayment. All payments are non-refundable, including enrollment fees and periodic payment.
Association Membership Terms & Conditions
- "Member" is defined as those persons specifically enrolled as Association members, and listed as “Members” in your membership account profile, and in the Membership Agreement of your Association Membership book. Only the spouse, domestic partner, and/or legal dependents of the Primary Member are eligible to enroll as part of your membership.
- “Primary Member” is defined as the Member who is listed as “Primary Member” in your membership account profile, and in the Membership Agreement of your Association Membership book.
- “Membership Period” is the timespan between your Periodic Payment due dates.
- “Membership Coverage Period” is the timeframe between your membership effective date and the end of the final paid Membership Period during which your membership was cancelled or lapsed.
- Providers are subject to change without notice. Programs may vary in some states. Providers and locations may be removed from network at any time.
- Benefits are subject to change without notice. In the case of a material change of benefits, a notice may be posted on the website, and if you are impacted, you may be sent an email.
- Depending on your membership level, you may also have access to insurance benefits. Any insurance benefits offered as part of membership are group insurance products, issued to the Association, by the varying underwriting insurance carriers, and these are extended as a benefit of membership.
- Unless otherwise designated by you through the beneficiary page in your membership portal, any applicable death benefit proceeds for the death of a dependent member listed on your membership will pay to you as the primary member. Any death benefit proceeds for your death, as the primary member, will be paid to your first class surviving family members, as directed by each benefit's Certificate of Coverage. If there is no surviving family, benefits will pay to your estate.
- The ABHO Materials are not an insurance policy, but merely review the insurance benefits being offered through insurance policies. It should not be taken as an explicit or exhaustive description of insurance benefits or exclusions, and you are encouraged to logon to your membership portal to review full policy certificates so you can fully understand your insurance benefits, if applicable.
- Any discrepancy between benefits reviewed in the ABHO Materials, and those covered in the actual respective insurance policies, will be honored based on the terms of the insurance policy.
- Any insurance benefits offered as part of your membership do not meet the minimum credible coverage requirements under the Affordable Care Act.
- ABHO Benefits, including any insurance benefits are provided to you only during your Membership Coverage Period. If you cancel or allow your membership to lapse, your ABHO Benefits, including any insurance benefits, will terminate effective the end date of your Membership Coverage Period.
- Some ABHO Benefits, including any insurance benefits, may terminate upon a Member’s attainment of certain ages, as applicable, at which point that Member will no longer be covered for that particular benefit. Additionally, certain benefits may terminate for all Members upon the Primary Member’s attainment of certain ages, as applicable. At a point where all Members no longer qualify for a benefit, your membership will automatically be downgraded to remove only that benefit, and your Periodic Payment will be adjusted accordingly. Generally, your membership will continue with no other changes. You may be sent notification through email of any such changes.
- If a dependent child Member turns 26, they will automatically be removed from your membership and your Periodic Payment will be adjusted accordingly, if applicable. You may be sent notification through email of any such changes.
- The Association as well as its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, and partner companies, shall be held harmless if any complaint, discrepancy, or other issue arises from insurance policies, health care providers, ABHO Materials, ABHO Benefits, or any other benefits or services.
Changes to These Membership Terms
You acknowledge and agree that the Association may, in its sole discretion, modify, add or remove any portion of these Membership Terms at any time and in any manner. If a revision, in our sole discretion, is material, the Association will notify you. It is your responsibility to check periodically for any changes we make to the Membership Terms. Your continued use of ABHO Materials and/or ABHO Benefits means you accept these changes.
Complimentary Benefits Limitations, Exclusions and Exceptions
Complimentary benefit members are defined as primary members, spouses, and all legal dependents.
Providers are subject to change without notice. Programs may vary in some states. Providers and locations may be removed from the network at any time.
All complimentary benefits are discounts only. The program may be cancelled or modified at any time. You will receive notice if the plan is cancelled or materially modified.
The discount company will not reimburse or pay any portion of any provider’s fees. These benefits may not be used with any other discount plan or program. Listed or quoted prices are subject to change without notice.
Providers may offer products or services to the public at prices lower than the discounted prices. In such event, members will be charged the lower price.
Savings are based on the provider’s normal fees. Actual savings will vary by location and the services or products purchased.
This discount program is a referral plan, and makes no warranties concerning the quality of care received. Providers are responsible for the professional advice and treatment provided to members.